A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

There is a first time for everything...

Today, I decided to create a blog. Rather, I finally had the gumption to actually create a blog account. In all reality (as opposed to a lesser version of reality), I have wanted to blog for sometime, but I never got around to it. For my very first blog, I'd really just like to explain the title of my blog (that seems like a very good place to start). 

Sadly, there is a limit to the number of characters that you can have in your blog title (foiled by the system, yet again) because I really wanted my title to be "The Perceptions of a Piebald Penguin Painfully Perspiring in the Paucity of Perspicuity". For those of you who don't understand, let me explain. I love alliteration. Now, I'm not referring to the alliterated outline points that are common in Baptist churches. I really just love creating sentences that roll off the tongue. However, creating a proper alliteration isn't just about smashing a bunch of "p" words together. It's about testing the mind's ability to create. It forces me to think about what I want to say. For example, I could just say, "Aardvarks are awkward." Certainly this is an alliteration, but it is simply 3 words that start with the letter "a". A true alliteration would have to stretch the mind's capabilities to the max. Like, "Aardvarks awkwardly attempt to attest to astute approaches of administering to animal attrition." Essentially, my title means, "lame observations on the life of a poor college student." But the alliterated title just has such charm. Anyway, that's all for today.

2 comments:

Emma Anne said...

Okay, so my husband (Superman) is a genius, and he said I should just highlight that post, which I did, and then I could read it. I am a major fan of alliteration also. For the same reasons you mentioned. Someone once wrote me two haikus that were amazingly alliterated, and I about passed out. It was stellar.

The Piebald Penguin said...

The design is still a work in progress...

Post a Comment