A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Coerce the crony into carrying the canvas case of cast-iron cranberries

I know that this will be technically posted as a Saturday post, but I promise, it's my Friday post. I just haven't been near my computer at all today, so it's really late now. Friday posts, as I previously stated, are most definitely going to be about the more amusing parts of my life (I mentioned earlier that my life is like a comedy of errors, and it's true...).

I am out of town this weekend, away from my normal surroundings. I had to leave my home for a good friend's wedding that I was asked to be a groomsman in (Oh yeah! First time for everything, right?). There's something that you should know about me. When I go on trips, I almost always forget something. Usually it's nothing too important (like a phone charger or a sweatshirt even though it's the middle of winter or my razor). I knew it was really important for me to remember everything that I would need specifically for the wedding. So, I started packing. The first thing I grabbed was my suit. I checked the bag, made sure that my coat, pants, and shirt were all in there, then I loaded it in my car. Second, I gathered all my toiletries (ok, so I don't have as many as a girl, but it really really sucks when you forget soap...or deodorant...um...or hair gel or any of that). I don't usually use my toiletries bag, but I did this time! Just because it seemed to be a convenient way to not forget anything. Heck Yeah! Ok, so that got loaded into my tote bag (rolling suitcases are for noobs....and squares...oh and women. Yeah.). Then, I realized that I hadn't packed dress socks (These are CRUCIAL, definitely, when wearing dress shoes. Dress shoes with normal socks look pretty awful in my opinion). Dress socks: packed. Now, I must have everything I need for the wedding. Time to pack for the couple days of living (this includes but is not limited to at least one pair of socks and underwear with a t-shirt, jeans, and a dressy-casual button-up (what?? three hyphenated words in one parenthetical thought?? ummm...yeah? get over it.)) (for those of you who don't understand how I do parentheses, please take a math class...or even a computer programming class if you want) Anyways, back to packing. So, my tote bag (tote is just such a fun word) is filled up. Everything is in the car. I had a car charger for my phone so I didn't need to bring my normal charger. I had my phone. Laptop. Suit. Razor. Comb! (I definitely found it. It was awesome) Tote bag. Dress socks. Ummm...homework. That's it, right? Ok, well I know I'm forgetting something, but it's probably not too important (because I checked for all the important stuff, you were reading my checklist, right?). I woke up this morning and remembered that I had forgotten to grab my extra pair of casual shoes. Ok that's no big deal. I have one pair and I don't really need the other...shoot! (I admit this word did not come out of my mouth...). Yep. I forgot my dress shoes. (At this point I was facepalming about as hard as I could) Well, maybe my dad has dress shoes? I checked. His are super lame. They are not dressy at all because it's his way of being rebellious at work.

So guess what I did today? I bought new dress shoes. And they're awesome.

Edit: Apparently I also forgot my dress belt. I didn't discover this oversight until we were getting dressed for the wedding. Yep. Fortunately I didn't really need it...I hope. I guess we'll find out when they post the pictures...