A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Life as a Ten Ton Bitter Fly

Living in a house with 4 other post-college bachelors is...interesting. And by interesting I really mean that it should never ever happen. There should be a federal law that prohibits that many guys from living in a 4-bedroom house together. It's atrocious. The dishes pile high enough to warrant bringing out a ruler in order to measure their height above the sink. The bathrooms are never cleaned. Trash is left around. When a guy moves out, he tends to leave half his belongings in the cupboards and closets or just on the floor. Like I said, atrocious. Of course, the floors do, occasionally, get vacuumed (naturally that happens if one of them is having a girl or a group of girls over). It's really just sad. I feel like none of them learned a single domestic task when they were children. And then there are the dishes that get "washed". I've developed the habit of washing everything before I use it. Why? Because there are a couple guys in the house who seem in capable of actually cleaning the dish when they wash it. Personally, I don't find washing dishes to be that hard of a concept to grasp. You fill the sink with warm soapy water. You put the dishes into the sink. You use a sponge to get rid of all food particles, etc. Then you rinse the dish. Inspect the dish. If there is still food caked onto the plate, then you need to put it back in the soapy water and wash it again. When it is clean, put it on the drying rack. Sigh.

1 comment:

Emma Anne said...

HaHaHaHa!! You're so funny! But sadly, I can't read the first post because it's lost in the sea. Maybe you could put it in a bottle and send it to me that way so I'll be sure to get it. But seriously, you started a blog??!! You are the coolest dude EVER! I can't wait to read what you write. And I would like it to go down in history that I am the first follower and commenter of all time on your blog. And I never would have known it was you commenting on my blog if you hadn't signed it. Man, sometimes I'm dense. ~your sister

Post a Comment