A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Thursday, March 3, 2011

To Infinity...and Beyond!

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... It's... (have you guessed yet?) SUPERMAN! I'd like to introduce another member of my family this morning. You may have heard of Captain Awesome from the hit TV show Chuck on NBC (can I get some money for that awesome product placement there?), but I'm here to tell you about a real world Captain Awesome. He's going to be referred to from here out as Superman (don't look at me like that. It was his own idea. Sheesh).

One of my first memories of Superman comes from a summer break in high school. He was, at the time, dating my sister, Emma Anne (he has since moved on to bigger and better things than dating...namely marrying one of the most amazing women in the whole wide world. Joining our family was probably the best decision you ever made, am I right, Superman?). My family was having a fun day at the beach enjoying the fine weather and beautiful scenery. Being the obnoxious little brother that I am (I'm really really good at this), I sneaked up behind Emma Anne while she was talking to Superman. I scared the living daylights out of her (I mean, they were just gone. Poof no more daylights.) I think she jumped a foot off the ground. Rather than laugh, Superman decided that he didn't like me scaring his girlfriend very much (come on! I'm her brother...it's what I do). He picked me up (easily), walked to the ocean, flipped me upside-down and shook me threateningly over the water. I'd like you all to know that I did, in fact, survive my confrontation with Superman. :)

Oh, and in the event that you are still reading this post, you should go check out Emma Anne's blog. Basically she's a funnier, wittier, smarter version of myself. She also has the unfair advantage of having three little kids to write stories about. Visit her here: http://ourhomespunmoments.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Emma Anne said...

Oh, if only I were that funnier, wittier, smarter version of you. Hahaha. BUT, I do remember this "confrontation", although I had forgotten it until you mentioned it. The part I remember most was Mom standing near me thinking he was going to kill you and being stressed out. I was hoping he wouldn't but also thinking that boys called this "playing"?? I have since been proven right on that account. I'm so glad you're blogging!! Have I said that recently??

Jen said...

Hilarious post! ~a friend of Emma Anne's :)

Post a Comment