A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella

Consumed.


I fade away.
You are there,
always close by.
Waiting, perpetually waiting
Until I come to you
and we are reunited again.


The hills are green,
the grass is soft.
We fall to the warm earth,
held in its embrace for but a moment.
In that fleeting instant,
I lose myself in your eyes,
eyes like rolling, roiling oceans.


Alas, reality pulls us apart.
Confronted by harsh lights,
bleak walls, endless routine.


My mind wanders,
and I am consumed once more.


Consumed.
We are running fast,
 fast as our feet will carry us
but why run when we can walk?
We will get to where we are going
yet we will spend more time together.
For the end of our journey
need not be something we rush towards.
For that matter, why must we move at all?
I am content in your presence and you in mine,
so let us stay here forever and ever.
Me and you, just the two. 
Alas, the bliss is shattered yet again 
by the dull, colorless monotony of reality.
Until we meet again, love, 
swim in the clouds and sing with the birds.
Wait for me.


Consumed
I run to find you 
but you are not there.


Even my dreams
mimic reality.


The flames engulf me.
I am consumed.



Sometimes I write poetry for girls. So far, it hasn't had the desired effect.

1 comment:

Emma Anne said...

Girls are lame. You should get a dog.

Post a Comment