A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Have you met Emma Anne?

Dear Emma Anne, I apologize for taking so long to finally write a whole post dedicated to you. But here it is.

Emma Anne is one of the most amazing people on this planet. She's witty and wise, funny and comforting, a loving wife and a fantastic mother...she's also really short but she married a tall man, so it all works out. For the other two family members, I related a favorite memory or an ironic story. With Emma Anne, I have too many favorite memories to choose from. From elementary school through high school, she was my own personal nurse. She used to take care of me when I was sick. Then as I went away to college, she came out with me to make sure that I got all properly settled in. Then, during my breaks and trips home, I could always count on being able to stand in her kitchen and talk my head off about life, and have her listen and commiserate with me over the trials of life. She's one of the people who I know will always be there for me when life gets me down. She's not even that old yet, but I have associated her with wisdom for many years now. She's the kind of person that you regret not knowing. And the kind of person that you want to get to know. And she married Superman, who's also awesome. She's one of my two favorite sisters, and I love that I get to know her as such.

Emma Anne and Superman
Also, she has a good blog that you should all check out here.

~The Piebald Penguin

1 comment:

Emma Anne said...

Good grief, that was sweet! Thank you for what you said. I sure do love hanging out with you, you know. Can't wait to see you!

Post a Comment