A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Since it's still technically Tuesday...Wait...

Oh, it's really Wednesday...but it's still the same day, for me, as Tuesday was, right? I mean, I haven't gone to bed for "Tuesday", so here's another light and fluffy moment.

I ordered a new random question for my blogger profile. Naturally, none of you actually look at my profile (it's ok...I'll forgive you...one of these days). Thus, I am going to post the question on the blog itself because it's a good one.


Q: "You're on your way to the moon. What did you forget to pack?"
A: Your mom.


Have you ever emailed yourself a Word document? Maybe it's because I'm a college student, but I do this on a regular basis. I always make sure to come up with a ridiculous subject for the email. Then, I intentionally avoid checking my email right after I send the file. This way, there is the chance that, when I get around to checking my email again, I may have forgotten that I sent myself an email. So, I see the little "1" appear next to my inbox, and I get really excited because I received a new email. It's sad, really. I'm almost as bad when I get snail mail in my school mailbox...even if it's a bill...or an offer for a new credit card. Granted, I end up throwing the latter away relatively quickly, but still.

 Since it's almost 3 am, I am going to share a story to those of your faithful few who actually read more than the title of the post.

Ah yes. I was young, once
There once was a semester when I had an upper division mathematics class at 8 in the morning. If this statement doesn't make you cringe, then the next one certainly will. It was Abstract Algebra. Yeah.... By the way, math majors (and the professors too) don't function well that early in the morning. I'm just saying...it shouldn't have ever happened. But it did. At any rate, it was one especially rough morning in this class. Ordinarily, there would have been three students in the class, but this day we were missing one. I don't remember where he was. I think he either had a flat tire, or something (Soccer Girl, if you read my blog and remember, you should remind me, but I digress). Now, being that I'm me, I show professors my sarcastic side quite frequently. All through junior high and high school, this was the case (In fact, in 9th grade, a teacher pulled me out of her class to have a little "chat" about my attitude. Oh yeah. I was that kid.). Sadly, I continued my tradition of always having a smart, sarcastic remark ready at hand. My math professor doesn't handle sarcasm well at 8 in the morning. However, this particular morning, I was extremely tired, and not in the mood for sarcasm (Yes! It does happen...once in a blue moon). I asked my professor a question about something that he had just covered. It was an incredibly docile, ordinary question. His response: "Piebald, don't be such a smart *CENSORED* (onager)." Soccer Girl (the only other student in the class) and I almost died trying to hold our laughter in. We waited a whole 2 minutes before both laughing to ourselves, hoping that the professor wouldn't make the correlation.

Oh and this is what my hair is going to look like for graduation:
You know, in case you were wondering...

~The Piebald Penguin