A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Friday, September 2, 2011

Memoirs of an Insomniac: 4

Tonight The Piebald Penguin was very tired before the bells struck twice. This may sound amazing, but I think it has more to do with me feeling under the weather. I'm not sure what's wrong. What I do know is that I've been really spacy the whole evening to the point of feeling like I had drank a little too much alcohol. Sadly, there is no alcohol to be found in this apartment at the moment, so I can definitely rule out that possibility for my ailments.

In other news, I watched James Bond: Goldeneye a couple nights ago. It was epic. If you haven't seen it, then you need to because it is one hilarious scene after another. My favorite was when Bond got in the Russian main battle tank (or MBT, a common designation for any modern, general-purpose tank. I use this description because I am not nearly as familiar with Russian tanks as I am with American ones. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that the tank in question was a T-72). After appropriating the tank, Bond raced after a 4-door sedan. During this awesome pursuit, Bond performed several "power slides" with this tracked (i.e. it has tracks, not wheels) vehicle. He burned rubber around several corners in an attempt to catch up with the car. Of course, we all know that the tank really would have been left in the dust. Even modern American tanks top out around 50 mph. The T-72 is listed as having a top speed of 60 km/h. I think most cars can go faster than that. But still...the movie was highly entertaining. Just don't take it too seriously. It's like any Bond movie. Lots of explosions and action. Awesome. Smiley.

~The Piebald Penguin