A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Memoirs of an Insomniac: 3

The night is peaceful and quiet. Lights are dimmed, houses are silent, and children have gone to bed long ago. The Piebald Penguin (the hero of this grand tale) is up doing whatever he does when the world rests. And then, in a sudden blast of chaos and noise, a lone car raises its voice in alarm, carried by the four winds. Sadly, a car alarm at 2:24am is less than poetic. Especially when it goes on for a minute, gets turned off, then starts again. Oh, and this is the second night in a row that this car alarm has decided to vent its rage (it must be a female car). Fortunately for The Piebald Penguin, he isn't asleep during that hour.

In other news, I've been submitting a lot of online applications as of late. Which isn't news, but tonight, I encountered part of an application that I just had to share...
Ok, so let's discuss. You are either male, female, or Canadian. Yep. Enough said.

Also, there's a consistent question that the online applications ask during their questionnaire part. It goes like this:
"There are a lot of things in my life that I would do differently."

You usually get 4 choices: "Strongly disagree", "slightly disagree", "slightly agree", and "strongly agree".

The answer they are looking for is "Strongly disagree". Obviously. So I choose that option....but what if I had kissed that girl at graduation? I would definitely do that differently. Oh well. I figure the employers don't need to know about that.



~The Piebald Penguin

P.S. My friends and I played a Starcraft 2 game with none other than HuskyStarcraft himself. Granted he left after 10 seconds of gameplay, but it was EPIC. Yep.
P.P.S. For the non-nerds/"normal" people, playing a computer game with Husky is like playing a football game with Troy Aikman...or basketball with Charles Barkley...or baseball with...oh wait...no sane person with a decent IQ plays baseball...