A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The One Where We Experience Alcohol...

People drink for a variety of different reasons. Some drink to run away from pain. Others drink because they enjoy the inhibition-less version of themselves. Then, there are those who drink because it's what everyone else is doing. Usually, I drink for the experience of drinking. Not only do I try new drinks in an attempt to expand my palate (which is unusual because I am notoriously a picky person who is afraid of trying new things), but I also drink to experience a different side of life. I suppose that latter reason would put me close to the category of drinking because I like the me that has less inhibitions. Mostly, that's because normal me is a very cautious, frugal, and stodgy person. But put a little alcohol in my system, and I am a considerably more amiable individual. Not only am I more friendly, but I also tend to be more open and honest in conversations. So, if any of you want to know secrets....I'm one of those noobs who will give away secrets if you put alcohol in my system. Which brings up an interesting topic. And that is: What does alcohol actually do to a person's body? In my [almost] expert opinion, alcohol (I keep misspelling that word.) simply clouds the brain's inhibitors. (at this point The Piebald Penguin hit the vodka a bit too hard and lost his train of thought...)