A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The One Where We Chase Horizons



Let it be known, here and now, that The Piebald Penguin loves chasing the horizon. Not only do I appreciate the individual words that make up a beautiful word picture, but I also enjoy physically chasing the horizon. It's adventures with a little buckling and a lot of swashing. Sails up and all ahead full towards the elusive creature that is the horizon. I packed up all that I own and threw it in my car (known affectionately as Hulk Jr.). He sure is a trooper, carting all my junk across a barren and sun-swept desert. Currently, I'm back home with my family, but that's only for a limited time. In just a few short days, Lord willing, I will loading up a U-Haul truck and driving north-by-northwest. I'm moving to a land flowing with milk and honey (well, ok...it's really flowing with water...lots of water....but it's the same thing to me). My soon-to-be roommate and I are still waiting to see if we get approved for the apartment we applied for. You see, he's a drug dealer, and kinda a really shady character. I'm hoping that my outstanding virtues can cover his exceptional vices enough to get us approved. We may have to bribe the manager...or make her...tea. Of course. (you were thinking I was going to say something else...right?? But I'm perfect. I don't do awful things like that...) Ok, ok, it's nothing as bad as that. My roommate really just turned in his application recently, so it hasn't even gotten to the manager yet. Anywho, that's a brief update on the crazy, hectic, super-busy life of The Piebald Penguin. <-SARCASM

Here's a brief snippet from my upcoming current event:
People complain about TSA checking them for bombs in an airport, but they don't care that the police are allowed to give you a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt?

~The Piebald Penguin