A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Saturday, March 2, 2013

A RollerCoaster

Perhaps you (all) are waiting on the edge(s) of your seat(s) for the story that was(is) Valentine('s) Day(s of our lives). Perhaps (not). But regardless, here is the story of the day (after) Valentine's Day. The Day that was a success (and a failure at the same time).

The Day started early in the morning. The sun had yet to rise from it's bed on the horizon, but at least the clouds were hiding too. Rain can absolutely ruin everything, thus, it was fortuitous that the day happened to be the one day that week that was going to be rainless. Clouds were high and sparse, wind was light, and the sun would eventually react to its long confinement with anger. But back to the predawn hours of the morning. They involved a stumbling block of a conversation and followed by breakfast. A delightful breakfast. Provided by The Piebald Penguin. French Toast on homemade French bread (again, made by The Piebald Penguin). Blueberry syrup and orange juice complemented the simple fare. (by the way, I highly recommend eating French toast this way. Buy a breadmaker. The bread is easy to make and it only takes a few hours. Then, you have a ready supply of tasty, fresh bread and that is the real secret to amazing French toast)

Ok, so breakfast with Sleeping Beauty was followed by another..uh..disagreement..which was sorted out...mostly. Then, I drove her to a massage parlor for a prearranged hour-long massage (The prearrangement was with the massage place. Sleeping Beauty didn't know about it until that morning). After a relaxing massage, Sleeping Beauty returned to my car, and I drove her to a small nail and hair salon. The next two hours were occupied by a manicure, pedicure, updo, and makeup application (for her, obviously. I was in the car for most of it with the exception of a fun trip to Wendy's where I discovered that I needed a "token" to get into the restroom...basically I had to pay to use it). Beautified, Sleeping Beauty returned from the salon, and we drove back to my place. Lunch was more French toast (this makes me smile). It was already made, and we are young enough to get away with it! Sleeping Beauty took a nap, while I shaved. Then we got ready for dinner. Oh, part of the surprise was that I bought her a dress and shoes and all. I admit that I had help from a friend in picking everything out. Let's be honest, that's the only reason the outfit turned out so well.

Bam!
Dinner was downtown at a fancy(ish) place. It was the first time I've ever been to a fancy(ish) place. I even branched out and tried calamari for the first time. And I ordered a salad, just to complete the image. Then I gorged myself on steak. It was delicious. I mean, really. My steak was fantastic. We drank wine, it was a local pinot noir. We even valet parked. It was quite the experience. Then, the meal was over, the valet was tipped, and we pointed the headlights towards home. We changed back into normal clothes, then she went home. I saw her again twelve days later, and she broke up with me. I'm trying to decide if it's "karma" or perhaps irony? I don't know. Oh well. Thus concludes the story of the successful failure that was my Valentine's Day present.

Stay strong and Carry on!
~The Piebald Penguin