A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Memoirs of an Insomniac: 7

Let's talk about motivation. Usually I'm rather unmotivated to do anything I don't want to do. This results in me staying in bed until 3 in the afternoon (assuming I don't have to get up for work), playing computer games until 3 in the morning, and, in general, just not doing much of anything (like dishes). But when I'm motivated, I tend to switch into a hyper-productive mood, and I just get things done. Like today.




It was my day off, and I had decided to just stay in bed. For hours and hours. I was being lazy, but, let's be honest, I didn't have anything to do, so there was no reason for me to get up. And then, when the clock read 1:31pm, there was a flurry of activity. In a mere 11 minutes, I had gotten out of bed, showered, brushed my teeth, payed the water bill, dressed, and walked out to my car. In 11 minutes, I went from being an inert object on a moderately comfortable sleeping device to an energized and refreshed individual ready to meet the day head on. All it took was a little motivation. I'm constantly amazed by how much I can accomplish when I'm actually motivated.

~TPP