A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hark! Holidays Hear Happy Hearths and Haggard Harpies

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!

I know, I know. I haven't posted ANYTHING recently. And you've all been waiting patiently for the next story, or joke, or anything that is remotely amusing. And I know I missed my deadline for reaching 150 posts (like big time missed it. I think I'm more than 30 posts short and it's the 3rd week of January? Yep.) but I'm back from an extended break! Hopefully there will be a more regular schedule (I also know that I say this a lot and then it never happens. *Fingers crossed*)

So, what have you all missed from my life? Well, the week before Christmas was just crazy at work. I had the pleasure of working Christmas Eve and let me tell you how that went. IT WAS RIDICULOUS. Ok, there I said it. It really was. The restaurant was a mess by the end of the night. We had so many large parties come in that night. Which I don't really understand. If you have all your family together, why don't you all get together and cook a big meal? Or a small meal? Why go out to a chain restaurant that serves overpriced food? Anyways, it doesn't matter because it's over now.

Christmas was incredibly pleasant. Just me and Goraxypox in our apartment. I cooked up some steaks for dinner, played Skyrim for a few hours and then did laundry. Oh yeah. Because Christmas day was technically just one of my days off that week, and I was working so much that I had to wash my clothes on every day off that I had.

The week after Christmas was worse than the week prior to Christmas. It was busy, busy, busy, and I worked a lot and didn't have much time for anything else. And then New Year's came and went in a flash. And it's just been work as usual for the last couple of weeks.

Until this week when it SNOWED. So, that's made life interesting. The streets are icy and crashes are common. Getting to work has become an adventure.



And that's been my life, as of late.
Stay frosty!
~The Piebald Penguin