A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Sunday, September 25, 2011

This Post Needs a Title

Awesome.



The Piebald Penguin has been very very busy...ok maybe I should add another very in there. I got a job, finally. But I think that's old news. Still, after two weeks on the job, I can say with confidence that I am enjoying it. It's tiring and soreness-inducing, but other than that, I actually like it. Which is weird because you would think that I wouldn't like it, being that it's one of those jobs that you would think would be hated by all. I'm a busser at a popular restaurant. I won't say which one. And yes, I enjoy it. I have fun knowing that I help my restaurant make money. I've always been a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. It brings me pleasure to know that I keep things running and no one even notices me...at least, none of the customers notice me. I know I'm invisible to them. It works out better that way. The servers are all getting to know me though. They say nice things to me and nice things about me to the managers. Apparently it's unusual for someone of my...skin color...to be a good busser. That makes me laugh. I do love breaking stereotypes. :)

It's "fast paced" but that just gives me more energy. I probably end up walking several miles each night, but again, it's a thrill. It's a pleasant change from the quiet order of a library. Controlled chaos. Pure bliss. I'm constantly amazed how well the system works. Everything just runs. People do their jobs, tables get cleaned, customers get seated, get their drinks, get their food, get gone (sorry, I couldn't resist) and then the tables get cleaned again. The cogs fit together seamlessly. You'd think that with 20 people going every which way at any given minute there would be more accidents and craziness. But that's where you'd be wrong. So, yeah. I enjoy it. Maybe I'll become a server someday, but maybe not.

Also, I had a nice little chat with one of the pretty waitresses at my restaurant today (Seriously, they're all attractive...sometimes I think I've died and gone to heaven...) Anyways....it wasn't anything game changing, but it did make me a little happier inside. Yep. That's my post for the week. Sorry, I haven't been able to blog more. I'm still getting used to the hours. Hopefully I'll be able to find more time.

~The Piebald Penguin