A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things I've Learned About Being A Roommate

1. Having my own room is nice. (The last 4 years I've shared a room with one guy or another)

2. Knowing your roommate before moving in with him is a big plus.

3. I've tried to teach my roommate to be a winner, but he continues to lose at his computer games...I guess awesomeness doesn't rub off...

4. It's easier to talk via "Ventrilo" (a computer voice-chat program) than simply shouting. So, while both our doors are wide open, we communicate by talking to each other through our computers.

5. Lacking a television, opening the blinds and people-watching has become one of my pastimes, especially during dinner.

6. Lacking a table, the couch has become the place to eat meals. We turned it towards the windows so we could sit, eat, and watch people all at the same time. Multitasking for the win.

~The Piebald Penguin