A shattered mind in a broken body fighting for survival

Friday, July 1, 2011

Things I've Learned About the City I'm in...

1. There are trees everywhere. Like seriously, everywhere. If there's not a building, road, or parking lot, then there's a tree there. It's amazing.

2. The speed limit is not very high and everyone drives under it. It's definitely not California.

3. There is only one main freeway where I am. Again, not like California. I spend all my time driving on residential streets.

4. The state controls spirits. That means that only state-sponsored liquor stores are allowed to sell anything that's not beer or wine. And it's more expensive. Which is really sad. :(

5. The air smells different here. I don't know how to describe it. It just smells like real air....

6. There is a noisy crow that lives just outside my room. He makes a lot of noise for no apparent reason. I think he's mad that he's not human. I would be if all I could do was make loud crow noises. I would probably hate my life. But at least he lives in an awesome city. Smiley.

7. Having internet is a pain.

8. Having a GPS in my car is awesome and extremely helpful. Basically it has saved my life. Although, after having been here for only a week, I can already find my way around town.

9. I need a job.

10. I love this city.

~The Piebald Penguin